Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Technical Questions > How can I change my SSH port?
How can I change my SSH port?
You can change your SSH port by simply logging in to your VPS and then opening up the SSH daemon configuration file and adjusting the port number there and then restarting.
Please follow these steps:
1. Open the SSH daemon configuration file for editing: nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
2. Find the line with "# Port 22"
3. Remove the pound sign (#) in the beginning and then change 22 to another number.
4. Press CTRL+X and then Y to save the changes.
5. Restart your SSH daemon: service sshd restart
Add to Favourites Print this Article