The data controller of your personal information is Nodisto LTD DBA VPSDime.
Information We Collect
VPSDime may collect information about you as follows:
- By registering an account, we may collect information provided at the time of registration (name, company name, address, telephone number, and email address).
- By linking our services to a third-party account, we may collect information from that account such as any authentication tokens involved in authorization.
- If you contact us, we may collect data regarding your correspondence.
- We may collect details of your transactions involved in the fulfillment of orders. VPSDime does not store your financial information on our systems. Your financial information is stored with our third-party payment processors. VPSDime does, however, have access to, and may retain, your information through our third-party payment processors.
- When you visit our website we may capture your IP address, time of and duration of visit, and time and duration of the pages on our website that you view. We may tie this information to personally identifiable information we have about you.
- When using our services, we may collect information about your utilization, such as processor, memory, storage, and network usage.
Use of Information
We will use your personally identifiable information only as follows:
- For transaction processing.
- To provide customer support.
- To provide, maintain, improve, and expand our services.
- To understand and analyze how you use our services.
- For fraud checking, reporting, and other screening methods involving third-party companies in order to verify information submitted to us.
- To enforce the Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") in the detection, prevention, and resolving of abuse.
- To announce special offers or provide other information from time to time via email with your consent.
- To improve our service and the marketing of our service. For example, we may use the information we gather from user surveys, demographic data, and website visits to help us improve or target our website and customize your visit.
- For the purpose of preventing, detecting or suppressing fraud (for example, if You provide false or deceptive information about Yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, We may disclose any information We may have about You in Our possession so as to assist any type of investigation into Your actions);
- In the event of Cloudways being involved in a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer;
- To protect and defend Our rights (including the right to property), safety, or those of Our affiliates, of Users of Our Site or even Your own;
- To protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of Our Site;
- For any purpose that may be necessary for the performance of any agreement You may have entered into with Us (including the request for provision of services by third parties) or in order to take steps at Your request prior to entering into a contract;
- To comply with any legal obligations such as may arise by way of response to any Court subpoena or order or similar official request for Personal Data; or
- As may otherwise be specifically allowed or required by or under any applicable law (for example, under anti-money laundering legislation).
- If you register an account through an affiliate referral link, we may share information with your referrer to let them know that you used their referral to order service.
You will be aware that data sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders even where sender and receiver of information are located in the same country. We cannot be held responsible for anything done or omitted to be done by You or any third party in connection with any Personal Data prior to Our receiving it including but not limited to any transfers of Personal Data from You to Us via a country having a lower level of data protection than that in place in the European Union, and this, by any technological means whatsoever (for example, WhatsApp, Skype, Dropbox etc.).
Moreover, We shall accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the security of Your data while in transit through the internet unless Our responsibility results explicitly from a law having effect in UAE.
Accuracy of Personal Information
All reasonable efforts are made to keep any Personal Data We may hold about You up-to-date and as accurate as possible. You can check the information that We hold about You at any time by accessing and updating Your account information in the Cloudways platform to achieve accuracy, in addition you can contact us in the manner explained above. If You find any inaccuracies, We will correct them and where required, delete them as necessary. Please see below for a detailed list of Your legal rights in terms of any applicable data protection law.
Legal Basis for Information Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data depends on the specific data involved and the context in which we collect it. These reasons include:
- When you order service from us, we need to collect personal data in order to fulfill our contractual obligation to you (account management, support, invoicing, etc.).
- We are required by law to collect and process data for financial record-keeping and law enforcement compliance.
- We have legitimate interests which require the collection of personal data in order to operate our business.
- We may collect your data for marketing communications, etc. with your consent. You may also remove your consent at any time.
Information About Consent
Should You exercise Your right to withdraw Your consent at any time (by writing to Us at the physical or email address below), We will determine whether at that stage an alternative legal basis exists for processing Your Personal Data (for example, on the basis of a legal obligation to which We are subject) where We would be legally authorised (or even obliged) to process Your Personal Data without needing Your consent and if so, notify You accordingly.
When We ask for such Personal Data, You may always decline, however should You decline to provide Us with necessary data that We require to provide requested services, We may not necessarily be able to provide You with such services (especially if consent is the only legal ground that is available to Us).
Just to clarify, consent is not the only ground that permits Us to process Your Personal Data. Contractual necessity, Legitimate interest, Legal obligation may also our be bases for collecting your data.
Storage of Personal Data
As a general rule, the data We process about You (collected via the Site, any of our Apps or otherwise) will be stored and processed within the European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) or any other non-EEA country deemed by the European Commission to offer an adequate level of protection.
Transfers to Third Countries
In some cases, it may be necessary for Us to transfer Your Personal Data to a non-EEA country not considered by the European Commission to offer an adequate level of protection. For example, for the implementation of Your desired transaction it can be necessary that We disclose Your Personal Data to other payment processors outside the EEA.
In such cases, apart from all appropriate safeguards that We implement, in any case, to protect Your Personal Data, We have put in place additional adequate measures. For example, We have ensured that the recipient is bound by the EU Standard Contractual Clauses (the EU Model Clauses) designed to protect Your Personal Data as though it were an intra-EEA transfer. You are entitled to obtain a copy of these measures by contacting Us as explained above.
Protection of Personal Data
The personal information which We may hold (and/or transfer to any affiliates/partners/subcontractors as the case may be) will be held securely in accordance with Our internal security policy and the law.
We use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of any and/or all Personal Data that We may process relating to You and regularly review and enhance Our technical, physical and managerial procedures so as to ensure that Your Personal Data is protected from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
To this end We have implemented security policies, rules and technical and organisational measures to protect the Personal Data that We may have under Our control. All our members, staff and data processors (including specific subcontractors, including cloud service providers, who may have access to and are associated with the processing of Personal Data, are further obliged (under contract) to respect the confidentiality of Our Users' or clients' Personal Data as well as other obligations as imposed by the Data Protection Laws.
Despite all the above, We cannot guarantee that a data transmission or a storage system can ever be 100% secure. For more information about Our security measures, please contact Us in the manner described above.
As stated above, the said service providers (Our data processors) are also bound by a number of other obligations in line with the Data Protection Laws (particularly, Article 28 of the GDPR). For the avoidance of all doubt, these are the same obligations that we are bound by when acting as data processor on behalf of one or more data controllers.
We will retain Your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary (taking into consideration the purpose for which it was originally obtained). The criteria We use to determine what is 'necessary' depends on the particular Personal Data in question and the specific relationship We have with You (including its duration).
Our normal practice is to determine whether there is/are any specific EU and/or UAE law(s) (for example tax or corporate laws) permitting or even obliging Us to keep certain Personal Data for a certain period of time (in which case We will keep the Personal Data for the maximum period indicated by any such law). For example, any data that can be deemed to be 'accounting records' must be kept for ten (10 years).
We would also have to determine whether there are any laws and/or contractual provisions that may be invoked against Us by You and/or third parties and if so, what the prescriptive periods for such actions are (this is usually five (5) years). In the latter case, We will keep any relevant Personal Data that We may need to defend Ourselves against any claim(s), challenge(s) or other such action(s) by You and/or third parties for such time as is necessary.
Where Your Personal Data is no longer required by Us, We will either securely delete or anonymise the Personal Data in question.
Updating, Deleting, and Downloading Your Data
You may update your data at any time either through the client area Account section or by submitting a support ticket. We may require proof of identification in order to change certain data fields.
You may may request that VPSDime export your personal data by opening a support ticket.
Customers with no active services may request that their account be closed and personal data be deleted from VPSDime's databases, with the exception of: billing system access logs, which may be stored for any duration of time at VPSDime's discretion, cases where financially fraudulent or otherwise illegal activity is deemed to have occurred (as determined by VPSDime management or law enforcement officials), in which case personal information may be retained indefinitely for purposes of ongoing investigation and prevention of fraud recurrence, or cases where a violation of the Terms of Service has resulted in termination of Customer's account, in which case personal information may be retained indefinitely for purposes of prevention of further use of VPSDime's services in the future by the offending Customer.
VPSDime will not delete any data required to comply with our legal obligations and financial requirements, or any data required to resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We may contact you directly or through a third-party service provider regarding products or services you have ordered from us. We may also send you marketing emails if you have opted-in through the client area. Communication methods may include: email, text (SMS) message. VPSDime does not offer phone support and will not call you directly at any time.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share aggregate statistical data about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or suppliers. This aggregate statistical data will not identify you personally.
We may also place a "cookie" that will identify you to us as a repeat visitor or a customer when you visit our website. A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier that is unique to your browser. The cookie will identify your browser to us when you visit our website so that we may customize your visit.
Your Rights Under GDPR
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights, which you may exercise by contacting us via support ticket:
- Right to Access - You have the right to access your personal data and to request a data export from us.
- Right to Rectification - You have the right to have any incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected.
- Right to Restrict - You have the right to request the restriction of processing your personal data where there is no legitimate reason for us to do so.
- Right to Object - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we have no legitimate reason to do so.
- Right to Erasure - You have the right to request the erasure of any personal data we have collected. However, this right does not override our financial and legal requirements to keep certain data (see above).
- Right to Withdraw Consent - You have the right to withdraw consent (unsubscribe) from any marketing communications we may send you.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
GDPR Data Processing Agreement
You do not need to sign the DPA. By agreeing to our Terms of Service and using our products and services, you are automatically accepting our DPA. If you choose to sign it, you may send a copy to info[at]vpsdime[.]com
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the 'Edit Profile' page.
Our service is not available to children under the age of 18, and we will not intentionally maintain personal information about anyone under the age of 18.
Last updated: April 17, 2021